Friday 22 August 2014

A New Goal

Here's some exciting news!

Following the success of my Great Midlands Fun Run, I decided I needed a new fitness goal in my life. With this in mind, I have officially entered the Birmingham Half Marathon in just under 2 months time. Training begins tomorrow,

This is only a short step up from the 8.5 miles I did for the fun run, but still quite an achievement for me as I have only really been running since January when I started this whole project.

I ran the Fun Run in aid of Alzheimers Research UK, and the page for donations has just begun to close down. I am thrilled to announce that my final plug on Facebook yielded some more donations from very generous friends. This, combined with the cash donations from friends and neighbours which I finally banked and logged (with added Gift Aid) pushed the total up to £180 plus £42.50 in Gift Aid. I'm pretty thrilled with that, and will be setting up another donations page soon seeking sponsors for the Birmingham Half!

The half marathon itself is on October 19th, which sadly means I will miss the winter Comic Con. Nonetheless this will be a major achievement for me and I am looking forward to the challenge!

Battle on Xenites. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment