Saturday 1 March 2014

Gab's Abs - a Xena Online Community Challenge

Some of the lovely folk on XOC.com decided to hold a little friendly challenge - to see if we can get abs like Gabrielle! Perhaps not quite capable of deflecting the strike of a sword, but maybe something kinda fierce looking and ripped!

It's been a while since I really had any kind of visible musculature of which to speak so it's kind of a big thing for me to start trying to get that back. I still have a some weight to lose but some planks, situps etc may well help along the way, alongside my usual three runs a week.

So I'm using this plan, albeit spread out a little so I'm using it on non-running days. It may take a little longer than the proposed month but hey ho...


Realistically if I can even do these I'll be thrilled, let alone get any visible effects. I probably need to shed another stone before any muscles, abs or otherwise, start to show but with running, situps, yoga and continued calorie control I'm hoping it'll all make a difference.

My starting point. Around 160lbs.

 Wish me luck!

1 comment: